Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Icelandic (Non-)Turtleneck wrap-up

So I finally finished the armwarmers for the Icelandic turtleneck and I can put that project in the over-and-done-with pile!







It's a very flattering pattern, I find, and I'm a huge fan of not having to sew anything together at the end. Cotton, however, might not have been the best fiber choice. It stretches a lot, and doesn't bounce back like a lot of animal fibers do. This isn't a big deal for the top itself, but the armwarmers have become too loose at the top and so are constantly falling down. I thought maybe I could knit a few rows of 2x2 ribbing at the top, and many people suggested I sew in some elastic thread, but the idea I like best is...



... garters! It gives it a very cyberpunk kind of look and I think I like it.

1 comment: