Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New books!

This morning, I got a knock on my door and, hearing my superintendent's voice, I rushed to my room to get some pants on and then back to the door to answer it. He wasn't there to remind me that I hadn't paid rent or to complain about the newspapers that have been piling up outside our door, but to deliver a package! Grabbing it from his hands and quickly thanking him, I slammed the door shut and immediately tore the package open. I knew from the return address that it was the books I had ordered from the Interweave Press hurt book sale.

I had ordered two books, It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons by Franklin Habit, and 101 Stitches to Crochet edited by Erika Knight. In retrospect, I probably should have bought more books from the hurt book sale, since these books appear to be in perfect condition, and the savings were fantastic: from 50% to 75% off (cheaper than Amazon!). But alas, hindsight is 20-20.

Anyway, here's a picture of my new purchases. I'm especially interested in trying out some of the stitches in the 101 Stitches to Crochet. They might give me some inspiration for new patterns!